Disney Store to Debut|
"Walt Disney's 100 Years of Dreams"
Unique Pin Assortment Celebrates Walt's Disney's 100th Birthday
BURBANK, Calif. - The Disney Store is celebrating Walt Disney's 100th birthday by offering a new collectible pin assortment that commemorates the magical moments inspired by Walt Disney over the last 100 years.
The 100-pin collection will be available exclusively at the Disney Store and up to 8 pins will be released every Saturday from September 22 to December 15, 2001. Each pin is sold separately and retails for $4 or $5.
Like a passport through time, the pins feature beloved Disney characters, including Mickey Mouse, Winnie the Pooh and Buzz Lightyear, as well as movie posters from Disney classic films and memorable moments from the past 100 years of the wonderful world of Disney.
A special silver locket pin will feature Walt's baby picture that magically transforms into his adult picture*.
- Premiering October 9 in conjunction with the DVD release of Snow White, a Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs pin train will be offered. This unique pin series features Snow White leading the train while the dwarfs follow in their own connecting rail cars.
- James P. Sullivan, Mike Wazowski and Boo, the frightfully cute leads of Disney/Pixar's Monsters, Inc., are featured on the movie's pin.
- Collectors can now obtain an original movie poster of such classic films as Disney's Dumbo, Pinocchio and Fantasia- on a pin, of course! Beautifully drawn and colored, these mini masterpieces are sure to make any Disney fan nostalgic.
- The "Winnie the Pooh Discovers the Seasons" and "Pooh's Great School Bus Adventure" pins mark the first memorabilia ever produced for these educational films.
- Fun, interactive elements add a sense of play to select pins. For example, Tigger rocks back and forth on his own pin, while Pooh dangles from a balloon.
- Holiday pins make the perfect gift. Collectors will be able to choose from "Nightmare Before Christmas" and "Winnie the Pooh and Christmas Too" pins, to name a few.
- The unforgettable Disney Princesses -- Cinderella, Belle and Ariel -- are each featured on their own pin along with their debut year.
- The final pin in the collection, which will be revealed on December 15, showcases Walt Disney's most famous creation, Mickey Mouse, along with a surprise that's sure to delight collectors across the nation.
The pin collection is complemented by a quality pin binder ($20) and pin briefcase ($24), each featuring the official logo of the collection.
Pin collectors will get a special sneak peak of the first pin --"Walt Disney One Man's Dream" -- at the Disneyana Convention at Disneyland Resort September 6-8, 2001. This collectible will be offered to attendees while supplies last and will feature a special commemorative Disneyana backer card.
Every Friday pin enthusiasts can preview the collection by viewing original die strikes on Disney Auctions and if you are a Disney Club member, you can preview the collection by logging on to The Disney Club.
The Disney Store created the first themed retail environment when it opened its first store in Glendale, Calif. in 1987. Hosting nearly 250 million guests annually, the store has more than 700 locations in 10 countries and offers worldwide access to magical Disney products through the Disney Store.
"The era we are living in today is a dream of coming true." -Walt Disney
*Walt Disney's birthday locket pin $8